Lemon Coconut Cookies
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Icing sugar||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream/Curd or coconut||1 Tablespoon (Lemon Flavored)|
1. Sieve flour and salt.
2. Cream fat and sugar, adding essence.
3. Stir in flour and mix well.
4. Take one level dessertspoon dough for each cookie and form into a ball, flatten slightly.
5. Place the cookies 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking tray.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven (400°F - Gas Mark 6) until lightly browned.
7. Cool on a wire tray.
8. Spread lemon cream or curd on each cookie.
9. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.