Coconut Flake Cookies
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Measure sifted flour, mix in the baking powder and salt, and sift together.
2) Cream the shortening, and slowly add in the sugar. Beat well.
3) Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each.
4) Add in the vanilla.
5) Mix in the flour, a small amount at a time, and mix well after each addition.
6) Mix in the cereal and coconut.
7) Scoop up and drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet.
8) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, till the cookies are golden brown.
9) Serve as a tea time snack.