Easy Coconut Milk
|Coconuts||2 Large (4 To 4 1/2 Inches In Diameter)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), boiling|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
2) Drain off the liquid from the coconuts, place them on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven about 30 minutes or until they develop a few cracks.
3) Allow to cool, then gently loosen the chunks, peel off the brown covering and cut into pieces.
4) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the coconut pieces for about 1-2 minutes, until just finely grated.
5) Pour in boiling water and allow to stand for 15 minutes, then process for 10 seconds.
6) Squeeze through several layers thick cheesecloth to remove maximum coconut milk. Discard the pulp.
7) Use as required or freeze.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2811 Calories from Fat 2225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 266 g409%
Saturated Fat 235.8 g1178.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 158.8 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 71.5 g285.8%
Sugars 49.5 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 107.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet