|Dried prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grind the apricots, prunes and raisins. Combine with the nuts.
2) Take a saucepan and blend corn syrup, 1/2 cup water and sugar in it.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolved completely, stirring constantly.
4) Reduce heat and simmer until mixture reaches soft-ball stage or registers 238° F on a candy thermometer.
5) Remove from heat and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
6) Beat until mixture becomes creamy. Stir in salt and vanilla.
7) Combine the mixture quickly with the prune mixture and blend nicely.
8) Take a 9 inch waxed paper-lined pan and transfer mixture onto it. Let stand for about 2-3 hours.
9) Turn the candy out of the pan by removing paper.
10) Pinch off 3/4 inch pieces and shape into balls.
11) Roll the balls in coconut and serve.