|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely ground almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C)
2) Take cookie sheets and spread aluminium foil on top.
3) Beat eggs in a large bowl of an electric mixer till foamy.
4) Blend in sugar gradually and beat at high speed for 5-10 minutes till it appears shiny and holds soft peak.
5) Blend vanilla extract and flour.
6) Fold in almonds and coconut and mix well.
7) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
8) Decorate with candied cherry pieces.
9) Put in preheated oven to bake for 11-12 minutes till firm.
10) Take off from foil and place in wire racks to cool.
11) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.