|Butter/3/4 cup oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bran flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) Use a large glass bowl.
4) Cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5) Gradually stir the eggs honey and vanilla into the creamed mixture and beat till well aerated. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
6) In another bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and soda together and add wheat germ, coconut, rolled oats and bran flakes.
7) Stir the sifted, dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and knead slightly to form a soft dough
8) Divide the dough to make 1 inch sized balls.
9) Place the balls, 2 inches apart, on the greased cookie sheet.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 -12 minutes or till lightly browned.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.