Coconut Flake Cookies
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Other shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Blend shortening until creamy and put sugar in little quantities in it and mix well.
4. Put vanilla.
5. Put the flour mixture gradually in the creamed mixture.
6. Blend after every addition.
7. Add cereal and coconut and mix.
8. Take ungreased baking sheet; drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown.
10. Serve in a dish.