Singapore Coconut Pork
|Boiling water||15 Fluid Ounce (2 Cups / 425 Milliliter)|
|Desiccated coconut||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Dried)|
|Onion||1 Large, grated|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil/Ghee||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Lean pork||1 Pound, cubed (450 Gram)|
|Lime juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1) To make the coconut milk, add boiling water to coconut and allow it to stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the liquid.
2) Refrigerate for a while.
3) In a pan, take some oil or ghee and sauté onion and chilli (chili) powder for sometime.
4) Add the pork to the onion-chilli mixture and cook until the meat is nicely brown.
5) Remove the pan from the heat and add the coconut milk to it
7) Sprinkle salt and cover the pan and simmer in low flame until the pork is completely done.
8) Take out the lemongrass and add the lime juice and sugar to it
9) Serve with rice.