|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
1. Remove butter in a bowl and allow it to soften 15 minutes before making the biscuits.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 375° F, 190° C.
4. Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour.
5. Add margarine, cut into small cubes to the flour and rub in with your finger tips until all of the fat has blended with the flour and the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
6. Add the sugar and desiccated coconut and stir to mix.
7. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs and add the remaining to the mixture.
8. Using a plastic spatula, bind the mixture to resemble cookie dough.
9. Shape the dough into 1 inch sized balls and arrange them on the baking sheet keeping a 2 inch distance between each cookie.
10. Brush the cookies with the reserved egg using a pastry brush.
11. With a fork, lightly press to flatten each cookie.
12. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
13. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool and harden on the baking sheets for 10 to 15 minutes.
14. Serve the cookies with tea.
15. You can sandwich the cookies with your favorite cream and serve them at a party.
16. Store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container lined with grease proof paper.