Jammy Coconut Mallows
|Butter||9 Ounce, softened (250 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Desiccated coconut||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Raspberry jam||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Pink and white marshmallows||18 Large, cut in half|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) Whisk the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with a pinch of salt to form a smooth batter. Add in the flour and the desiccated coconut to make a dough.
3) Transfer the dough to a floured surface and shape it out into a round. Roll the dough round into the thickness of 1/8th of an inch.
4) Cut small rounds out of the dough using a 6cm cutter. Transfer the rounds over baking sheets and bake for 14 minutes till they turn light golden. Remove from heat and let them cool in a cooling rack.
5) To make the biscuit sandwiches, lay out, half of the biscuits, under-side up. Scoop in half teaspoon of jam on top of each one. Top the jam scoops with a piece of marshmallow. Bake the jammy biscuits for about 2 1/2 minutes or till it just melts.
6) Remove them from the oven and immediately top them with the other biscuits. Firmly press down to stick together. Press till the marshmallow starts slightly oozes out at the rim of the sandwiches. Cool the biscuits for 10 minutes.
7) Dip the edges of the biscuits in the jam and then roll them in the coconut. You can store them in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.
8) Transfer the biscuit sandwiches into a plate and serve.
Calories 887 Calories from Fat 444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.7 mg42.2%
Sodium 42.9 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 55.7 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet