Low Calorie Snowflakes
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 250Â°F.
2. With mixer or hand beater, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks are formed. Add sugar, a table-spoonful at a time, beating until mixture is very stiff. Gently fold in almond extract and coconut.
3. Drop, by spoonfuls, onto very-well-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 45 minutes; turn off heat and keep cookies in oven until they are cool and crisp.
5. Remove from oven; store in tightly-covered container until served. Makes 1 1/2 dozen. (25 calories per cookie)