Lemon Coconut Squares
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold sweet butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Flaked dessicated coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and rolled oats. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press into a lightly greased 8-inch (20-cm) square pan and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
4. Meanwhile in the same bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, lemon juice and rind. Stir in coconut and raisins.
5. Spread over baked crust and return to oven to 20 to 25 minutes, or until topping is golden.
6. Let cool before cutting into 3-inch (7.5-cm) squares.