Lemon Coconut Squares
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold sweet butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Flaked dessicated coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and rolled oats. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press into a lightly greased 8-inch (20-cm) square pan and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
4. Meanwhile in the same bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, lemon juice and rind. Stir in coconut and raisins.
5. Spread over baked crust and return to oven to 20 to 25 minutes, or until topping is golden.
6. Let cool before cutting into 3-inch (7.5-cm) squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3792 Calories from Fat 1709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g307.7%
Saturated Fat 148.5 g742.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 595 mg198.3%
Sodium 634.3 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 488 g162.7%
Dietary Fiber 48.4 g193.6%
Sugars 310.8 g
Protein 52 g104.4%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 49% Iron 106.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet