Cocoa Doughnut Balls
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for rolling and dusting)|
|Oil/Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve together twice. Keep aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter, almond extract and sugar. Cream well.
3. Add eggs gradually and beat well.
4. Add sieved ingredients and milk alternatively and mix into dough.
5. Place on floured surface and roll out into 1/3 inch thickness.
6. Using a doughnut cutter, shape into doughnuts and place on a dusted baking tray. Do not discard trimmings, shape them into doughnuts and use them too.
7. Heat oil in a deep heavy bottomed pan.
8. Add doughnuts and deep fry till golden brown in colour on both sides.
9. Drain on absorbent paper. Makes approx 48 no-€™s.
10. While warm, coat with confectioners-€™ sugar and serve immediately.