|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||2 Ounce|
|Black treacle||2 Tablespoon (molasses)|
1) In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat together till it turns light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating.
3) Next, add in the flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the black treacle along with the milk.
4) Transfer the mixture into a 3 3/4 cup steaming mould.
5) Cover the pudding with a grease foil. Make a pleat in the centre and tie it with a string.
6) Steam for about 2 hours or until the pudding rises.
7) When the puddding shrinks slightly, take it out and let cool.
8) If you want, you may freeze the pudding at this stage.
9) Wrap the pudding in a foil. Place it inside a freezer bag.
10) Seal and label the bag. Keep frozen till use.
11) Serve the Devil's Food with fresh cream or custard sauce on the side.
12) To thaw the frozen Devil's Food, take it out of its freezer bag. Let thaw at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
13) Steam for 1 hour or till the pudding heats through.
14) Serve as in step 11.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.4 mg55.8%
Sodium 597.7 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 23.2% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet