|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||2 Ounce|
|Black treacle||2 Tablespoon (molasses)|
1) In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat together till it turns light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating.
3) Next, add in the flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the black treacle along with the milk.
4) Transfer the mixture into a 3 3/4 cup steaming mould.
5) Cover the pudding with a grease foil. Make a pleat in the centre and tie it with a string.
6) Steam for about 2 hours or until the pudding rises.
7) When the puddding shrinks slightly, take it out and let cool.
8) If you want, you may freeze the pudding at this stage.
9) Wrap the pudding in a foil. Place it inside a freezer bag.
10) Seal and label the bag. Keep frozen till use.
11) Serve the Devil's Food with fresh cream or custard sauce on the side.
12) To thaw the frozen Devil's Food, take it out of its freezer bag. Let thaw at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
13) Steam for 1 hour or till the pudding heats through.
14) Serve as in step 11.