The ultimate chocolate treat: Cocoa Brownies (gluten free)
|Unsalted butter||5 Ounce (140 Grams)|
|Vanilla sugar||10 Ounce (280 Grams)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||3 1⁄4 Ounce (90 Grams, Good Quality)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice flour||2 1⁄4 Ounce (65 Grams)|
|Pecan nuts||2 Ounce, toasted and chopped coarsely (60 Grams)|
* Preheat oven to 165° C (325° F),
* Spread the pecan nuts on a shallow baking tray, in a single layer, and let them dry in the oven at 80° (175° F) for about 10 minutes. Chop the nuts coarsely.
* Line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 in) square baking tin with parchment paper, leaving some paper to overhang on two opposite sides (to help you lift the brownies when cooked).
* Half-fill a small pan with water, place on medium heat until simmering. Pour butter in a medium heatproof bowl, then place the bowl over the pan, lower the heat and let the butter melt.
* Stir the cocoa in until combined, then add salt and vanilla sugar and whisk until combined in a gritty mix. The mix should be warm but not hot.
* Take the bowl off the heat, stir in vanilla extract with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, then add eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously until the batter looks thick, shiny and smooth.
* Add the chopped nuts and flour to the cake batter and stir for 40 strokes.
* Pour the batter into the lined baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes off slightly moist with batter.
* Let the brownies cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then lift the brownies from the cake tin, place on a wire rack and let cool completely,
* Slice into 16 brownies.
* Store in an airtight container placing some wax paper between each layer, for 3 days, in the refrigerator.
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.5 mg15.2%
Sodium 40.4 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet