This is a delicious and easy cocktail that could be done either with shrimp or clams.
280 Gram, peeled, deveined (retain the shell)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced
3 Small, juiced
1⁄2 Medium, juiced
1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely
1 Bunch (100 gm), minced
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. BROTH: In a pot, pour water and add the retained shells.
2. Bring it to boil and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Strain the liquid and discard the shells. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, put the sliced onions and pour the lime juice, mix and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
6. In the pot, pour the strained broth and add the cleaned shrimps.
7. Bring it to boil and cook till it turns pink (do not overcook).
8. In a bowl, add the shrimp with the broth.
9. Add the marinated onions and the lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro, orange juice, vegetable oil and ketchup (if using).
10. Season with salt and stir to mix well.
11. In a serving bowl, serve the ceviche with crispy bread or as it is.