Picota Cherry Sangria
|Picota cherries||24 , pitted|
|Peaches||4 , cut into segments|
|Oranges||4 , unwaxed, juiced and peel removed|
|Oranges||4 , juiced and peel removed (Unwaxed)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Spanish red wine||750 Milliliter (1 Bottle, Use Good Quality)|
|Brandy de jerez||100 Milliliter|
|Fizzy lemonade||400 Milliliter (Or To Taste)|
|Lemonade||400 Milliliter (Fizzy, Or To Taste)|
1. Begin by mixing together the cherries, peaches, orange juice and peel, spices and
2. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. When you are ready, stir in the wine, brandy, Cointreau and lemonade.
4. To serve, pour the sangria into a jug along with some ice, and give it a good stir.
5. Make sure everyone gets some of the macerated fruit in their glass.
You need to start making your sangria a day before you want to party.
This recipe was contributed by Dominic Weaver and Ashleigh Mackenzie, author of Spanish Picota Cherries.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 61.9 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 222.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet