Fruit Mushroom Cocktails
|Button mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Melon||1⁄2 , seeded|
|Sweet paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Pinch|
|Lettuce leaves||8 , shredded (Crisp)|
1) In a saucepan, put the mushrooms and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add seasoning to taste.
2) Cover the pan and gently cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time, till the mushrooms are soft. Let them cool.
3) Scoop the flesh of the melon into small balls with the help of a melon bailer.
4) Mix together the melon balls and the cooked mushrooms gently.
5) To prepare the dressing, whip the cream till it is thick and then gently fold in the mayonnaise, tomato paste and curry powder.
6) Add the brandy, if preferred. Blend well together.
7) On the base of 4 shallow individual dishes or ramekins, arrange the shredded lettuce. Divide the mushrooms and melon balls mixture evenly between the dishes and spoon over the dressing very carefully. Sprinkle with some sweet paprika and serve at once. Makes a good appetizer.
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg7%
Sodium 213.8 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 159.8% Vitamin C 127%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet