Pineapple Mint Cocktail
|Fresh pineapple||1 , peeled, cored and cubed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed / chopped|
|Glace cherries||4 (Or As Required)|
|Mint sprigs||3 (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, add the sugar and water, stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
3) In a bowl, spoon this syrup over the mint leaves, cover and allow to stand until cold.
4) Strain the syrup and stir in 1 tablespoon of sherry.
5) Divide the pineapple cubes equally in individual serving dishes and spoon over the syrup mixture, adding a little more sherry, if desired.
6) Garnish each Pineapple Mint Cocktail with a glace cherry and mint sprig and serve.