Melon and Ginger Cocktail
|Honeydew melon||1 , halved and deseeded|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
|Lemon||1 (use juice and rind grated)|
|Ginger stem||1 Inch, finely chopped (for finish)|
1) Using a melon bailer, scoop out as many melon balls as possible.
2) Remove the remaining melon flesh and place in a blender.
3) Add enough water to the melon flesh to make 2/3 cup and blend until fine puree.
4) In a pan, pour the melon juice with sugar, ginger and lemon.
5) Heat the melon juice mixture slowly to boil, stirring constantly and strain.
6) Place the melon balls in a tall glass, and gently stream the melon juice over the melon balls.
7) Place the glass in the refrigerator until chill.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled sauce over the melon balls in the container, seal, label and freeze.
9) Serve chilled garnished with chopped ginger.
10) If using the frozen melon mixture, thaw in the container in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
11) Serve as explained in the step 9.