Baked Cocktail Franks
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated crescent roll dough||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cocktail frankfurters||1⁄2 Pound (Plain Or Smoked, 24 Frankfurters)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened (For Greasing)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl, place butter and mustard and mix well to make mustard butter.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk with water and mix well. Use as egg wash.
3. Grease a baking tray using butter/ margarine and keep aside.
4. Preheat oven to 187.5C (375F).
5. Divide crescent roll dough into 4 equal rectangular pieces and apply mustard butter on each.
6. Cut each rectangular piece into 6 strips, crosswise, in order to get 24 such pieces.
7. On the end of a strip, place 1 frankfurter and roll. Ensure that you press the dough at the edges once rolled so thatt he frankfurter stays intact within the dough.
8. Place on the greased baking tray, ensuring that the pressed end is facing the bottom of the tray.
9. Repeat same procedure for the remaining frankfurtes and dough and place on the baking tray.
10. Using a pastry brush. apply egg wash on all the rolls.
11. Sprinkle caraway seeds on each and press lightly to ensure that they stick on the dough..
12. Bake in pre heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
13. Serve warm with a dip of your choice.