|Egg whites||3 (Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped candied red cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 275F (135C).
2) Use 2 cookie sheets to line with brown paper. Place these aside.
3) In a medium mixer bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat the mixture to foamy.
4) Gradually add sugar, and keep on beating to very stiff and glossy mixture.
5) Sift in cocoa over mixture and blend well by thorough beating.
6) Fold in candied cherries and walnuts.
7) Spoon the mixture in separate rounds over the lined cookie sheets using slightly rounded tablespoons. Keep about 2 inches distance from each other.
8) Place inside oven and bake for 35 minutes in preheated oven.
9) Switch off the oven and leave meringue inside the oven for at least 1 hour.
10) Drizzle chocolate sauce over the snowballs, just before serving.