Sesame Cocktail Strips
|Unbleached white flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Add shortening to dry ingredients and combine to form a dough with the consistency of a pie crust. Add sesame seeds and stir well.
3. Roll out thinly and cut, lengthwise, into 2 inch narrow strips.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Take out and sprinkle salt while warm. Store in a tin or jar with a tight lid.
6. Take out, place in the oven to allow crispy and serve.