Eggplant Clam Bake
|Canned minced clams||3 Ounce, drained (2 cans, 1 1/2 ounce each)|
|Cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate, 325°F, 170°c, gas mark 3.
2. Grease a 2 quart baking pan or individual casseroles.
3. Peel and cut the eggplant in 1inch thick slices and dip them in water for 20 minutes.
4. Take it out and pat dry on paper towel.
5. In a pan add oil and cook the slices until soft (15 minutes).
6. Remove the excess oil by keeping the slices between paper towels.
7. Put it in a bowl and make it into mash.
8. To this mash add all the other ingredients, except ½ cups crumbs and if it seems dry add the milk.
9. Place in the greased baking pan or individual casseroles.
10. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top and bake in the preheated oven doted with butter for 30 minutes or until brown.
11. Take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
12. Serve hot and serve with a mixed salad or sour dough bread. Excellent for lunch as well as dinner.