The best part about this Healthy New England Clam Chowder recipe from Rocky Barragan is that it replicates the delectable creaminess found in a typical clam chowder recipe, but with a fraction of the fat and calories. This easy clam chowder is simply irresistible.
2 Can (20 oz) (with juice)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
4 Ounce, sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
Cooking oil spray
1) Chop the cauliflower and onion. Dice the turkey bacon.
2) Spray a pot with olive oil and heat it. Brown the turkey bacon. Once the meat has browned, remove it from the pot and set aside.
3) Into the same pot, toss the cauliflower and onion and saute until onion is brown and translucent.
4) In the meantime, open the cans of clams and drain the juice into a measuring cup. Mince the clams.
5) Once the cauliflower and onion is sauteed, add in the quinoa flour and mix together.
6) Add the clam juice and allow the juice to come to a boil. Once boiled, turn down the heat and allow to simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
7) Add the minced clams and almond milk and allow to come to boil.
8) Once the soup has come to a boil, add the turkey bacon and reduce the heat. Let the bacon to heat back through.
9) Serve the soup while it is still hot with a little bit of parsley for added taste.
Did you know that you can make a yummy clam chowder the healthy way? We're serious! And this does not affect the taste at all. Don't believe us? Then watch this video and learn to cook the perfect New England clam chowder at home in a hasslefree way. Watch the video to know more.