Turkey and Cauliflower New England Clam Chowder
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Clam||2 Can (20 oz) (with juice)|
|Almond milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quinoa flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Turkey bacon||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the cauliflower and onion. Dice the turkey bacon.
2) Spray a pot with olive oil and heat it. Brown the turkey bacon. Once the meat has browned, remove it from the pot and set aside.
3) Into the same pot, toss the cauliflower and onion and saute until onion is brown and translucent.
4) In the meantime, open the cans of clams and drain the juice into a measuring cup. Mince the clams.
5) Once the cauliflower and onion is sauteed, add in the quinoa flour and mix together.
6) Add the clam juice and allow the juice to come to a boil. Once boiled, turn down the heat and allow to simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
7) Add the minced clams and almond milk and allow to come to boil.
8) Once the soup has come to a boil, add the turkey bacon and reduce the heat. Let the bacon to heat back through.
9) Serve the soup while it is still hot with a little bit of parsley for added taste.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.5 mg22.2%
Sodium 856.8 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 111.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet