Corn and Clam Ckowder
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned mixed vegetables||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned minced clams||15 Ounce (2 Cans, 7 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Canned cream style corn||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. In a saucepan, cook bacon till crisp, drain and crumble; reserving 1 tablespoons drippings in pan and set aside for later use.
2. In the same pan cook onion in the reserved bacon drippings till tender and translucent but not brown.
3. Stir in the flour, milk all at once; cook till the mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
4. Add the mixed vegetables, un-drained clams, cream-style corn, salt, and pepper; eat through but do not boil.
5. Ladle into individual soup bowls and garnish soup with the crumbled bacon.
6. Serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.2 mg28.1%
Sodium 784.2 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 280.3% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 175.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet