Linguini Alla Vongole Linguini with Clams
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clams||2 Dozen, rinsed|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
1) In a pan, cook the linguini in the boiling salted water for about 8 minutes; drain and keep aside.
2) In a skillet, saute the garlic and shallots in oil, until lightly browned.
3) Stir in the pepper, wine, clam juice, clams, tomato, oregano and parsley.
4) Cook, covered, over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the clams open up.
5) Add the cooked linguini into the clam sauce, mix thoroughly.
6) Serve the Linguini Alla Vongole Linguini with Clams, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg13.6%
Sodium 211.1 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 31 g61.2%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 110.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet