|Clams||1 (Cherrystone or Little Neck)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil/Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||1 Teaspoon|
1) Clean the clams by scrubbing them, and wash.
2) In a saucepan, combine the clams with soy sauce and sherry.
3) Cover and cook until clams open.
4) Add the ginger and oil, cook for 1 minute and remove.
5) Serve the Steamed Clams, steaming hot along with the cooking liquid, garnished with scallions.
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.93%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 1941.5 mg80.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet