Chestnuts Stuffed Clams
|Canned clams||22 1⁄2 Ounce, minced (3 Cans, 7 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Bottled clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked or canned|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Drain the clams and measure the juice; add enough bottled clam juice to make 1 cup.
2) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
3) In a saucepan, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and clam juice.
4) Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
5) Add in scallions, peas, water chestnuts and clams.
6) Divide the mixture evenly among 8 shells or ramekins.
7) Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
8) Arrange in flat serving plate, serve hot.