Baked Stuffed Clams
|Clams||2 Can (20 oz), minced|
|Clams||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Round buttery crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttered crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttered breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Drain the clams and reserve juice.
2) Add enough milk to equal 2 cups liquid.
3) Preheat oven to 350° F.
4) Take a bowl and place clams in it. Stir in the crackers.
5) Take a pan and melt butter in it. Add flour, parsley flakes, poultry seasoning, pepper and salt. Blend nicely.
6) Add the clam juice mixture and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
7) Take individual ramekins or 4 inch clam dishes and fill each one with the mixture.
8) Sprinkle with crumbs and extra parsley flakes.
9) Garnish with paprika and bake for about 15 minutes.
10) Serve with lemon juice, if desired.