Rice And Clam Flamenco
|Butter clams||40 Medium (In Shell)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bermuda onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery heart||1 , minced|
|Green pepper||To Taste, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice||1 Pound|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , finely chopped|
1) Take a bowl and place clams in it. Cover with cold brine and salt. Sprinkle with cornmeal and let stand for about 12 hours.
2) Rinse with fresh water the next day.
3) Take a skillet and heat 1/4 pound butter in it. Add celery, onion and green pepper.
4) Sauté for some time but do not brown.
5) Take a large pan and combine carrot, onion mixture, chicken stock and red pepper in it. Boil the mixture for about 5 minutes.
6) Add about salt to taste and all other remaining seasonings.
7) Stir in rice and simmer for about 20 minutes.
8) Add the clams and press down into rice.
9) Add water if liquid is absorbed. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
10) Take a small pan and melt butter in it. Add parsley.
11) Stir the butter mixture into rice.
12) Clams will get filled with the rice mixture. Serve Rice and Clam Flamenco hot.