Stuffed Clams Areganata
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Shuck the clams and keep the shells aside for future use.
3) Weight 1 Â½ pounds of clams and coarsely chop them. Place in a bowl.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
5) With 1/12 of the clam mixture, fill each reserved shell.
6) Put the shells with the filling on a baking sheet.
7) Bake till the filling is crisp and brown. This takes about 20 minutes.
8) Serve hot.