Tomato Clam Bisque
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Bottled clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) Stir in onion and sautÃ© it until softened.
3) Mix in flour and cook it over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Take if off from heat and slowly mix in clam juice.
5) Place the mixture back to heat and then mix in tomatoes, celery, thyme, and pepper.
6) Allow this to come to a boil and then lower the heat.
7) Simmer the mixture, covering partially for 20 minutes.
8) Serve hot at once.
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.22 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 315.8 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet