Clam And Eggplant Casserole
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clams||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a skillet and melt butter in it. Add flour and cook until mixture becomes smooth.
3) Add onion and seasonings.
4) Gradually stir in the milk and clam juice, stirring constantly.
5) Cook over low heat until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool completely.
6) Take another skillet and heat water in it. Add eggplants and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
7) Add egg to the cooled white sauce and blend nicely.
8) Stir in eggplant, clams, olives and celery.
9) Take a 2 quart casserole and transfer the prepared mixture to it.
10) Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot additional butter.
11) Bake for about 50 minutes.
12) Crumble bacon over top and garnish with parsley.