Rice And Clams
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, chopped fine|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped fine|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/2 cups water and 2 bouillon cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (American Processed Or Other)|
|Ripe olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), pitted, chopped|
|Canned minced clams||7 Ounce (With Liquid, 1 Can)|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot, combine the rice with butter, vegetables, cheese, olives and clams.
2. Pour over the broth and stir to mix all ingredients.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Cook the rice on HIGH for 1 hour
5. Reduce the temperature to LOW and continue to cook for about 6 hours more until all the broth as been absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.
6. Serve the rice hot straight from the pot or dish out into a casserole.