Sesame Baked Clams
|Canned water chestnuts||4 , diced|
|Canned bean sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions||4 , finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger/1/4 teaspoon ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Chop the clams and reserve the clam shells.
3) Mix the clams, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, scallions, ginger and soy sauce together and spoon into the clam shells.
4) In a saucepan, blend the flour in melted butter with a wire whisk.
5) Allow the milk to boil and pour into the butter-flour mixture, stir continuously until the sauce is smooth and thick.
6) Then, stir in the cheese until melted.
7) Spoon the sauce over the filled clam shells and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
8) In the baking pans layered with the rock salt, place the filled clam shells.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes.
10) Serve immediately.