Baked Stuffed Clams
|Littleneck clams/Cherrystone clams||12 (1 Dozen)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely round|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
1) Take a small mixing bowl, for thoroughly combining bread crumbs, butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
2) Thoroughly wash the clams by scrubbing under running cold water.
3) Take a 1-cup glass measure for combining butter and garlic.
4) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 2 minutes to heat up the butter.
5) Take a 2-quart casserole to fill with 1/4 cup water. Add washed clams to this. Cover with plastic food wrap.
6) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 2-3 minutes to cook clams till they open.
7) Take off the cover after removing from microwave, and allow it to cool.
8) Carefully remove the top part of the shells and take a sharp knife to loosen clams.
9) Take a shallow baking dish to arrange clams by topping each with 2 teaspoon of seasoned bread crumb mixture. Place a 2-inch sized bacon on top of each clam.
10) Preheat your microwave at 400°F.
11) Cook the clams at Convection with 425°F for 10-11 minutes, or until the bacon turns crisp and brown.
12) Serve hot by seasoning with extra garlic powder.