Wash Boiler Clambake
|Seaweed||1 Cup (16 tbs), well washed (Wet)|
|Idaho potatoes||4 , wrapped in foil|
|Chickens||2 , cut up, each part wrapped in cheesecloth|
|Lobsters||3 Pound (2 Whole, 1 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Corn ears||4 , husked and wrapped in foil|
1. Fill the bottom of a wash boiler or large enamel pot with a layer of washed seaweed. Add the water and place over high heat. When water boils, add potatoes and more washed seaweed. Cover.
2. About fifteen minutes later, add the chicken and a layer of seaweed. Cover.
3. Fifteen minutes later, add the lobster and more seaweed. Cover.
4. About eight minutes later add the corn.
5. Ten minutes later add the clams. Cover and steam until clams open.