Wash boiler Clambake
|Seaweed||1 Cup (16 tbs), well washed (Wet)|
|Idaho potatoes||4 , wrapped in foil|
|Chickens||2 , cut up, each part wrapped in cheesecloth|
|Lobsters||3 Pound (2 Whole, 1 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Corn ears||4 , husked and wrapped in foil|
1. Fill the bottom of a wash boiler or large enamel pot with a layer of washed seaweed. Add the water and place over high heat. When water boils, add potatoes and more washed seaweed. Cover.
2. About fifteen minutes later, add the chicken and a layer of seaweed. Cover.
3. Fifteen minutes later, add the lobster and more seaweed. Cover.
4. About eight minutes later add the corn.
5. Ten minutes later add the clams. Cover and steam until clams open.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9852 Calories from Fat 3724
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 413 g635.7%
Saturated Fat 115.7 g578.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3405.8 mg1135.3%
Sodium 6672 mg278%
Total Carbohydrates 658 g219.3%
Dietary Fiber 69 g276.1%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 873 g1745.4%
Vitamin A 149.9% Vitamin C 634%
Calcium 122.7% Iron 556.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet