Sesame Baked Clams
|Canned water chestnuts||4 , diced|
|Canned bean sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions||4 , finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger root/0.25 teaspoon ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
2. Dice the clams, reserving the shells. Mix the clams, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and scallions and season with soy sauce and ginger. Spoon the mixture into the clam shells.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with a whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
4. Spoon the sauce over the mixture in the shells and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Arrange the shells on a layer of rock salt in baking pans and bake four to five minutes.
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.5 mg20.8%
Sodium 970.7 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 72.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet