Fennel Citrus Fruits Salad
|Fennel bulbs||4 Small, thinly sliced|
|Fronds||2 Tablespoon, chopped (The Feathery Greens On The Fennel Stalks)|
|Orange||1 , peeled and cut into cubes|
|Grapefruit||1 Small, peeled and cut into cubes|
|Pitted kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
1. Collect fronds and cut the stalks off from the fennel bulb, before quartering the bulbs and removing the core.
2. Slice fennel into quarter inch thickness and take it in a bowl.
3. Peel and cut orange and grapefruit into one inch cubes and add it to the bowl. While cutting ensure that you remove as much as pith as you can.
4. Slice olives in half and add it to the salad.
5. Add feta cheese.
6. Cut mint and fronds and toss it into the bowl.
7. Finish with extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes so that all the flavours come together.
8. Serve Fennel Citrus Fruits Salad on a serving platter.
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.4 mg11.1%
Sodium 1149.6 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 124.9%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet