Fig Citrus Conserve
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Sugar||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Dried lemon||2 , coarsely ground|
|Dried oranges||4 , coarsely ground|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, place figs and cover with a little water; boil until water is tan.
2. Drain reserving 2 cups of water.
3. In the same saucepan, mix 2 cups of reserved water with sugar; heat with constant stirring to make a heavy syrup.
4. Stir in figs, sugar syrup, lemon and orange fruit pulp; gently simmer over low heat for about 1 ½ hour with frequent stirring.
5. Skim top from time to time.
6. Stir in ginger.
7. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Serve Fig Citrus Conserve over toast or use as dessert topping.