Citrus Fish And Spinach Stir Fry
|Spaghetti||3 Ounce, uncooked|
|Halibut steaks/Tuna / monkfish / swordfish steaks||1 Pound|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves/1 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh marjoram/1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 Medium, thinly sliced to make 1 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Torn spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Bite size pieces)|
1) Cook the spaghetti as per the directions. Drain it well.
2) Remove the skin and bones (if any) from the fish.
3) Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces.
4) Take the orange juice, sherry, cornstarch, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper and mix them well.
5) Take a wok or 12-inch skillet and heat it.
6) Put the 1 tablespoon oil and rotate the wok to coat side.
7) Put the carrots, onion and stir-fry them for 5 minutes till they becomes tender and crisp.
8) Take out the vegetables from the wok and heat the remaining oil in a wok.
9) Add fish and stir fry for 4 minutes.
10) Once the fish is cooked properly, remove from the wok.
11) Add orange juice mixture to the wok.
12) Cook for 1 minute until thickened.
13) Stir in vegetables, fish, spaghetti and spinach.
14) Cook for another 1 minute until spinach starts to wilt.
15) Serve the dish immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1510 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.2 mg48.4%
Sodium 2265.7 mg94.4%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g53.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 33.2 g
Protein 118 g235.9%
Vitamin A 896.4% Vitamin C 230.1%
Calcium 69.5% Iron 103%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet