Citrus Grilled Plaice
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Orange pepper||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
|Plaice fillets||6 Ounce, skinned (175 Gram)|
|Half fat butter/Low fat spread||1 Ounce (25Gram)|
|Tarragon||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||2 (For Garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then saute the onion, pepper and rice for 2 minutes.
2. Add the orange and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add half the stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender, adding the remaining stock as necessary.
3. Preheat the grill. Finely spray the base of the grill pan with oil. Place the plaice fillets in the base and reserve.
4. Finely grate the orange and lemon rind. Squeeze the juice from half of each fruit.
5. Melt the butter or low-fat spread in a small saucepan. Add the grated rind, juice and half of the tarragon and use to baste the plaice fillets.
6. Cook one side only of the fish under the preheated grill at a medium heat for 4-6 minutes, basting continuously.
7. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the remaining tarragon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish the fish with the lemon wedges and serve immediately with the rice.