Spiced Dessert Crepes
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Ground ginger||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In an electric blender, add all ingredients except vegetable oil.
2) Process for a 1 minute till all ingredients are well blended.
3) Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the blender.
4) Process for another 15 seconds.
5) Chill for 1 hour till the flour particles swell and soften.
6) Using vegetable oil, grease the base of a 6-inch crepe pan and place over medium heat till the oil is well heated.
7) Add 3 tablespoons batter into the pan.
8) Rotate the pan well so that batter spreads and covers the base, forming a thin coating.
9) Cook the crepe for 1 minute.
10) To check if cooked, lift the edge of the crepe.
11) When it comes off easily, then the crepe is ready to be flipped.
12) Flip over and cook the other side for about 30 seconds. This side is rarely more than spotty brown and is the side over which the filling is added.
13) Place the crepes on a towel and allow to cool.
14) Stack cooled crepes between layers of waxed paper.
15) Serve topped with maple syrup or whipped cream.
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55 mg18.3%
Sodium 26.2 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet