|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125 gram)|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce, sieved (50 gram)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 190 C (380 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with oil.
3. Grease two wooden spoon handles with oil and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites. Beat well till stiff peak stage. Keep aside.
5. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter. Once melted; keep aside to cool to luke warm stage.
6. To the stiffly beaten egg whites, add caster sugar, butter, cinnamon and flour and fold gently.
7. Spoon teaspoonfuls of prepared mixture on to greased tray and spread each into a thin 4 inch diameter circle.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 5 to 6 minutes or till they just start to colour well around the edges.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and gently remove from tray using a pastry slice or fish slice.
10. Using the handles of the greased wooden spoons, shape the biscuits gently and place on oven wire rack to cool. If, by any chance, you find trouble shaping them, return them to the oven for few brief seconds and then re shape them.
11. Follow this procedure for baking in batches and not all at once.
12. Once all biscuits are shaped, place them on a wire rack with a greased baking tray beneath it.
13. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar and few drops of water for lattice.
14. Mix well and cook on a low flame till sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
15. Increase flame, do not stir and allow caramelizing.
16. Remove off flame and while the caramel is still in thick liquid form, dip oiled tablespoon in caramel and drizzle it over biscuits.
17. Allow caramel to harden over biscuits.
18. Serve on a cookie platter.