|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Grain sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon powder and baking powder. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and butter and cream well.
5. Add vanilla extract and eggs and beat well till light and fluffy. You may use an electric beater for this purpose.
6. Add sieved ingredients and mix well. Cling wrap and refrigerate dough.
7. Once chilled, add nuts and grain sugar and mix well.
8. Shape into 1 ½ inch diameter balls and roll in chopped nuts.
9. Place each at 2 1/2 inch distance on greased baking tray.
10. Bake in pre heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 20 cookies.
12. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.