|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), powdered|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar and stir in vanilla and water.
3. Mix well adding flour and stir in nuts.
4. Shape small pieces of dough into crescents and bake on an ungreased baking sheet in the preheated oven 20 minutes until very lightly browned.
5. In another bowl sift the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon together.
6. Roll hot cookies in this mixture, allow them to cool and then roll again in the sugar-spice mixture.
7. Serve the cookies hot or cold alongside beverages or as snacks.