|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar icing||4 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take 1 cup warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
3) Take a mixing bowl and combine salt, 1/4 cup sugar, half the flour and shortening in it.
4) Add the yeast mixture to it and beat thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
5) Add egg and mix nicely.
6) Add remaining flour gradually and beat until smooth.
7) Cover dough with a damp cloth and refrigerate until ready to use. Keep punching dough occasionally.
8) Divide the dough into thirds.
9) Roll out each piece into a 12 inch circle on a lightly floured board.
10) Spread with butter.
11) Take a bowl and mix remaining sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over circles.
12) Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
13) Stretch the wide end and roll up.
14) Place on greased cookie sheets and let rise for 1 hour.
15) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes,
16) Allow to cool completely.
17) Frost with sugar icing and sprinkle with nuts.