Fruited Rice With Cinnamon
|Almonds||1⁄2 Ounce, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Canned ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||4 , halved, diced|
|Golden raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Long-grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart microwavable, shallow, casserole, heat margarine on HIGH for 30 seconds.
2) When the butter has melted, add the almonds and onion. Mix well and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir the mixture once midway through the cooking time.
3) When the onion turn soft, add in the chicken broth, apricots and raisins. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice. Mix well and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes till the rice is heated through.
5) Lastly, stir in cinnamon, salt and white pepper. Mix well.
6) Serve the Fruited Rice with Cinnamon hot, garnished with a few almond slivers on top.