|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Toasted)|
1) Combine and cream the shortening, butter, and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Beat in the egg.
3) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cardamom.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
5) Stir in the almonds.
7) Form into hickory nut-sized balls and slightly flatten.
8) Combine and beat the egg yolk and water.
9) Brush the cookie tops with this mix.
10) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 10 minutes.
11) Serve as a snack.